- SUNDAY, MONDAY, TUESDAY AND EVERY OTHER SATURDAY 6PM - 6AM
BENEFIT OPTIONS, 401K MATCH, VACATION AND HOLIDAY PAY AVAILABLE DAY 1!!!
North American Pipe Corporation invites you to further your career and participate in the cutting edge of PVC pipe and fittings products. We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our team and continue our leadership in the PVC industry.
The Process Technician is responsible for the start-up, shut down, and troubleshooting of the molding process during normal production runs. In addition, setting up injection molding machines and all related auxiliary equipment to allow the manufacture of product that meets or exceeds the established quality levels at the standard rates that have been established.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with new mold samples, and assist in the creation of full documentation on all processing parameters.
- Meets with the Shift Supervisor and other Process Technicians to discuss any and all issues relating to the shop floor.
- Assists the Shift Supervisor to ensure the part quality is understood, standard production rates are maintained, and to ensure that only product that meets or exceeds quality criteria is packaged.
- Assist die setters and material handlers as assigned to insure that the set-ups being performed are done properly, in a safe manner, as well as a timely manner.
- Perform die setter responsibilities and support production activities to include mold and mechanical maintenance as directed.
- Follow all departmental operational procedures relating to the set-up, operation, and shut down of jobs.
- Perform special duties and or projects as assigned. Operate the machine as needed
- Document any and all process changes per internal procedures.
- Document repairs as need on work orders requests for maintenance and tooling repairs as needed.
- Able to act as an interim supervisor
QUALIFICATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or an equivalent.
- 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- RJG molding philosophies, preferred
- Master Molder training and mold cavity pressure sensors, preferred
- Problem analysis and problem resolution ability.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Occasionally will serve as an interim supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear and is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must rarely lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision (must be able to see and distinguish colors), peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This position works in a fast paced manufacturing facility. Noise level commensurate with large machinery. Eye and foot protection must be worn at all times. Steel toed shoes are required. Temperatures in the building, although maintained, can be effected by outside weather conditions.
NAPCO, a Westlake Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, (including pregnancy, gender identity, and orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status.
North American Pipe Corporation, a Westlake Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.