Posted: January 7, 2019 Location:
200 South Jackson Road, Ludington, MI , 49431, United States
Supply Chain/Purchasing Job Type:
HR Rail Employment Requisition Number:
This position will manage purchased parts for production and aftermarket in the assigned commodity areas, and may assist with the management of non-production parts. Position will be responsible for sourcing, placing purchase order, managing and maintaining purchase orders, effecting cost reductions, managing quality issues, improving inventory turn rate, and reducing excess inventory, for the assigned commodity areas. Key responsibilities include ordering purchased components and ensuring components are delivered when and as needed, participating in cross-functional teams, developing and improving best purchasing practices, achieving cost reduction initiatives, achieving inventory management initiatives, and executing sourcing strategies.
* Experience in Baan (preferred), SAP, JDA, or other MRP/ERP system.
* Works with assigned commodity group, planning and organizing all tasks.
* Strong team player with ability to work effectively on cross-functional Product Development Teams to support the quotation process and vehicle launches.
* Able to provide sourcing support- investigating potential suppliers.
* Participate in Supplier quality activities such as corrective action completion.
* Must be able to provide best total landed cost solutions. May coordinate and negotiate prices for assigned commodities with the expectation of providing purchase price reductions and establishing purchase pricing.
* Qualifies suppliers through Supplier Quality audits and continuously reviews supplier's performance.
* Coordinates with Marketing and Engineering departments on new product development.
* Must be capable of handling multiple projects at one time.
* Review purchase request for material via MRP or manual purchase requisition.
* Input Purchase Orders and manage orders in BAAN MRP system
* Monitor purchase orders to maintain delivery schedules.
* As applicable, must be able to expedite critical components and overdue purchase orders.
* Resolve supplier problems associated with over shipments, invoicing issues, obsolete, rework and scrap material.
* Must be able to develop excellent working relationship with both internal and external customers as well as suppliers.
* Maintain supplier relationships in order to drive cost reductions while continually achieving the highest level of quality material.
* Manage Purchase Price Variance monthly.
* Review, analyze and interpret various reports.
* Ability to evaluate procurement marketplace for assigned commodities.
* Remains current on economic, industrial and other trends that affect market and prices.Requirements:
* Basic - Associate's Degree required (or purchasing certification) or a minimum five years of related experience.
* Senior - Bachelor's Degree required (or purchasing certification) and a minimum of ten years of related experience.
III. Preferred Qualifications
A. Education or Experience
* Graduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, Production and Operations Management, Purchasing, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance or other related field a plus.
* Purchasing experience in BAAN MRP environment a plus.
* Purchasing in the commercial or military heavy vehicle or capital equipment environment.
* Project Management experience
* Ability to read engineering blueprints or any relevant technical documents
* Engineer to order environment and low volume purchasing experience.
* Experience in inventory control and materials management
* Experience in production control and production scheduling.
* Solid mechanical aptitude is a plus.
B. Technical Skills
* Technical understanding of assigned commodities.
* Excellent negotiation, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
* Technical purchasing and out-sourcing skills.
* Solid skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
If you have the basic qualifications and are seeking an impactful opportunity with a global leader, apply today - it's quick and easy!
Click on the link: https://www.localjobnetwork.com/j/35363508
For compliance reasons, all applications must come through our system.
Harsco Rail is rapidly expanding. Please visit our career pages at www.harsco.com/careers to explore other new opportunities.
Harsco Rail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,... For full info follow application link.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, , national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.