Performs manual labor in all types of operations and is utilized as a relief truck driver. CDL required. Must be capable of lifting 150 pounds up to 3 feet high for up to 15 seconds. Must be able to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time, work safely, communicate effectively verbally and in writing and understand and carry out written and oral instructions. Performance of the duties of this job requires the use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and smell. Requires sitting, talking and hearing. Specific vision abilities required included close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and focus adjustment.
- Patches blacktop
- Cuts brush and trees
- Assists sign installer
- Helps in the installation of storm drains
- Helps in the installation of culverts and bridges
- Operates tandem truck (tandem rear axle up to 56,000 lbs) or other vehicles, plowing snow, grading roads, spreading materials (salt, sand, gravel, stone, etc.) and hauling materials, operates vac truck and brine tanker.
- Assists the engineering aide in the performance of his duties (measuring distances, obtaining levels, cutting brush, setting grades, etc.)
- Operates roadside mowing equipment
- Sweeps pavement
- Flags traffic
- Operates a variety of power equipment used in the construction and maintenance of roads.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignmentJanuary 2019
Midland County Road Commission is accepting applications for three general laborers. Full time position with benefits. Class A CDL required with N tanker endorsement. Additional information available on our website www.midlandroads.com. Applications available thru January 18, 2019, at the Great Lakes Bay Michigan Works Service Centers.
Midland County Road Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.