TransNav, Inc. is a leading manufacturing company in plastics injection molding and assembly located in New Baltimore, MI. Established in 1981, TransNav, Inc. is a highly ranked Tier II supplier for the automotive industry. TransNav is proud to have over 500 employees worldwide. We include a wide range of career and job opportunities catering to every educational and skill level. We strive daily to encourage diversity, ethics, loyalty, career growth, continuing education, community involvement and financial incentives while offering some of the best benefits in the industry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect 100% of the parts and/or labels.
- Inserts mold and sort by means of visual inspections, touch, and measuring devices to insure defect-free parts.
- Notify Supervisor if two parts in a row are defective or four defective parts are produced within an hour
- Save suspect parts and place in designated area.
- Follow required steps to certify for every part run and secondary operation performed.
- Separate obvious defective parts from regular production.
- Consistently perform all Press Operator operations to the approved standard
- Pack only clean quality parts in accordance with designated packaging requirements.
- Mark suspect parts as indicated in the work instructions.
- Perform all assigned duties within the allotted time period/keeping up with the cycle of the machine.
- Follow the Operator Work & Packaging Instruction Sheet found in the Job Packet or Instruction Board for Every Job Run.
- Communicate all job information to break/relief operators.
- Provide accurate scrap counts at the end of shift.
- Keep work area neat & tidy
- Notify your Supervisor should any problems arise during your shift, including but not limited to injury.
- Arrive on time to work and returning from breaks/meal periods
- Complete all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Prefers a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to stand up to 8 to 12 hours, and lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to use various hand tools for trimming activities.
- Ability to comprehend and perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, and multiplication)
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend written instructions in English.
- Reliable transportation is a must.