Role Description: A registered nurse that tracks the medical status of Service Members (SM). Also, Case management requires the use of the following DOD and Army web-based electronic data systems, Medical Operational Data System (MODS) and Medical Electronic Data for Care History and Readiness Tracking (MEDCHART).
Key Responsibilities are including but not limited to:
- Support Service Members (SM) in becoming Fully Medically Ready (FMR) by tracking medical and dental appointments. Coordinate dates and times.
- Communicate with unit regarding SM medical appointments to ensure attendance and submission of follow-up documentation.
- Coordinate treatment plans and all referrals when the care is being resourced by the Government.
- Provide written recommendations regarding any proposed removal of a SM from LOD (line of duty) or incapacitation pay status to the COR for final disposition. Such recommendations may include confidential patient medical information as appropriate.
- Work with TRICARE and the Defense Health Agency (DHA) to obtain prior authorization for treatment.
- Coordinate SM health care and ensure that care is properly managed.
- Arrange case meetings and work in an advisory capacity for care coordination.
- Perform chart reviews to ensure SM is medically ready and re-establish the comprehensive plan of care to progress toward an outcome.
- Perform MODS entry of immunizations, designation of pregnancy, eye exams, and medical warning tags.
- Provide all medical documents received for case management to Records Custodian to be filed using a document evidencing transfer of custody from the Contractor to the Government.
- Submit case processing, medical documentation, and profile concerns to the military or contacted provider.
- Provide real-time reports and attendance at status update meetings.
- Provide report on MODS Module to DSS on a weekly basis, no later than 1200 every Tuesday.
- Prepare weekly Situational Report (SITREP) and Key Working Issues reports
The ideal candidate will have:
- Current State Registered Nursing License
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Must be a US citizen
- Preferably have a current DoD clearance or CAC Card
- A minimum of one year of experience in the case management, knowledge consisting of assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluations of the options and services required to meet the Soldiers’ health and human service needs
What We Offer:
- Generous Vacation and Health benefit package
- 401k matching program
- Long and Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, , national origin, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.