Converting Supervisor - 2nd Shift - 059594
Converting Supervisor - Milan, MI
Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring for a Converting Supervisor to lead the 2nd shift team in the Milan, Michigan corrugated box manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate will be a self-driven individual with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus. The candidate is a developer of talent who coaches and fosters a team that is focused on delivering results. The candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative and can execute problem solving and continuous improvement. They have a high sense of ownership over the fast paced manufacturing process, a desire to exceed customer expectations, and a will to win.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Include providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality. Also responsible for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills; addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production.
* Ensure all employees are working in a safe manner.
* Exemplify and drive MBM culture.
* Ensure minimum quality expectations are followed and met on a daily basis.
* Ensure best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers.
* Track continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure.
* Strictly adhere to plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts.
* Identify repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for completion; follow up as required.
* Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; communicate issues and results on a daily basis.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.