If you would like to work for a fast-growing company, in a position that leaves room for continuous and exponential growth? Are you looking for a Career? Then you’re the perfect fit for our company as we continuously grow and promote from with-in. the opportunity for advancement is only limited to your desire!
In addition to the opportunity for advancement, we offer a very generous benefit package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision after 60 days of employment
- Paid Time off after 90 days of employment
- 401 (k) with employer match after one year of employment
Job Purpose Summary:
Management fully believes that safety initiatives are executed at the frontline of the management ranks. This position is intended to provide technical & administrative support and to be the face of the Company’s safety programs for both internal and external constituents. This position is also responsible for the development of the safety training processes as well as ensure that all regulatory safety compliance documents and processes are maintained to industry specifications.
Specific Responsibilities of the Position:
- Maintain, organize and train our managers, supervisors and leads in all aspects of safety compliance while supporting Arbre / Willow goals and objectives.
- Act as Safety Committee chairperson, overseeing the implementation, administration and consistent function of the Arbre / Willow Safety Committee and safety processes.
- Organize and develop a safety compliance training calendar working closely with HR in order to track employee training and development.
- Organize and work with facility leadership to develop “train the trainer” programs ensuring managers and supervisors have the appropriate safety and health; accident prevention; and investigation training.
- Use technical knowledge to identify hazards in the workplace.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and government health and safety standards and regulations.
- Design and implement workplace processes and procedures that help protect workers from potentially hazardous work conditions.
- Investigate accidents and incidents to identify root cause and to propose preventative measures.
- Conduct training and schedule periodic drills on a variety of topics such as emergency preparedness, evacuation procedures.
- Ensure that the workplace is monitored and is fully in compliance with all applicable OSHA / MIOSHA standards, rules and regulations in order to maintain safety in manufacturing facilities.
- Ensure that Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are maintained, and effectively communicated to managers and employees.
- Support driving a culture of safety within the Arbre / Willow facility to include implementing the appropriate actions to achieve safety goals.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses prior experience and expertise in safety processes, procedures and implementing new safety initiatives within a manufacturing organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Knowledge of OSHA/MIOSHA reporting requirements.
- Strong leadership skills – Ability to build trust and credibility, provide direction, communicate and ensure alignment across the leadership team at Arbre Farms and Willow Cold Storage.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Ability to establish and maintain effective key business relationships with both internal staff and external contacts.
- Strong analytical skills – Ability to develop an accident / incident reporting system and to analyze that data to understand behaviors and trends in order to prevent future accidents and make the workplace safer.
- Computer Proficiency: Adept at using computer office management tools, such as excel, email, word processing programs as an integral part of day-to-day activity. Ability to use applicable in-house systems to do necessary analysis required to support management and decision-making activities.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a high school or high school equivalent education, Associate Degree in a safety curriculum preferred.
- Prefer 5 years of experience with manufacturing safety responsibilities as a focus.
- A track record of external training courses on safety topics preferred.
- Extensive time on feet
- Repetitive motion (hands/wrists)
- Bending and stooping
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee will work 50% normal office environment with 50% warehouse/manufacturing environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving parts and vehicles; variable temperatures of both heat and cold; wet environment; loud noise environment; varying degrees of stress.