Full Time; Non-Exempt
Grade: 15 $10.50-15.75/hr.
Under the close supervision of the Housekeeping/Laundry Manager, the Laundry Worker performs various cleaning and laundering duties according to departmental policy & procedures.
- Loads articles into washer and adds specified amount of detergent, soap, or the cleaning agent.
- Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into wringers and driers for measure time cycles.
- Folds and places items in appropriate storage bin(s).
- Maintains par levels as set by Housekeeping/Laundry Manager.
- Deliver and pick up laundry at various locations throughout the tribe.
- Loads soiled laundry into bins for Aarmark pickup.
- Ensures the cleanliness, efficiency, and the highest quality of service is provided.
- Must punch in and out at the beginning and end of each shift using electronic time keeping system located by employee exits.
- Responsible for arriving to work station on time.
- Other duties may be assigned within the scope and complexity of this position’s essential functions.
- Must attend all mandatory trainings designated by the Human Resources Department and/or Department Manager.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 250 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat, exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, dust, and caustic chemicals.