Williams Scotsman, Inc., headquartered in historic Fell’s Point, Baltimore, MD, is a leading provider of space solutions for the construction, education, energy, industrial, commercial/retail, healthcare, and government markets. We serve approximately 50,000 customers with space solution needs each day, through a network of 100+ branch locations throughout North America.
Our legacy is rooted in product innovation and a reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations, and the ability to attract and retain the industry’s most talented staff and management team. Furthermore, our values of Collaboration, Excellence, Empowerment and innovation continue to guide us towards not only achieving our true potential, but also creating a work environment which is inclusive and allows every person to thrive here at WS!
The Service Technician (Yard) is responsible for quality repairs, refurbishment, off/on rent, and modification of all modular buildings and containers in the yard in the branch. The Branch Service Technician is expected to fully comply with all Williams Scotsman policies and all relevant laws and regulations. Success in this role will be dependent on the ability to conduct branch operations activities in a safe, timely and high-quality manner with excellent communication.
Reports to: Branch Operations Leader or Production Supervisor
- Acts in accordance with Williams Scotsman Safety, Transportation, and Environmental Policies.
- Leads and acts to promote employee health and safety results through creating a safer workplace, DuPont STOP™, training and observations, and regularly scheduled assessments of the branch.
- Attends periodic safety meetings
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Operates company vehicle safely and maintains a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record free from points.
Fleet & Efficient Use of Resources:
- Performs repairs to mobile office trailers including framing and finish carpentry, electrical, flooring, plumbing, painting, running gear, and all other facets of modular building repair.
- Performs check-in/out (off/on rent) inspections of off rented buildings by physically inspecting to determine repair scope of work, as well as damages for invoicing the customer. Create floor plan drawings as needed.
- Performs modifications as requested by customers.
- Maintains proper inventory levels of all equipment/tools/parts/VAPS needed for service tasks.
- Provides courteous customer service as needed over the phone and in person. Explain all repairs and services to customers.
- Ensures that trailers are ready for scheduled delivery dates at stated quality levels.
- Performs service related tasks in the yard as requested.
- Completes appropriate paperwork for deliveries, pick-ups and service calls.
- Performs HVAC system checks and maintenance per company guidelines.
- May be assigned all duties pertaining to Field Service Tech (see JD) as business dictates.
- Ensures On Time in Full Deliveries and Returns.
- Always acts in a professional manner with a strong focus on customer service and possesses problem solving skills.
- Drives high levels of product quality (
- Conduct service calls in branch territories as assigned.
- Close-up multi sectional units and ensure doors and windows are secured on the idle fleet.
- Assist in ordering materials and unloading material deliveries.
- Forklift operations.
- Office maintenance and repair as assigned.
- Provide training and direction to other service personnel to ensure standard work instructions, best practices, work orders, time-sheets, and company guidelines are followed.
- Other duties may be assigned
Job experience & skills requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Some knowledge of computers is necessary and good communications skills are required for dealing with customers, sales people, contractors, shop personnel as well as Williams Scotsman employees at various branch locations.
- Must have carpentry knowledge and experience.
- Electrical, plumbing, and welding experience is a plus.
- A current valid driver’s license and a clean record are required.
Additional requirements if performing HVAC duties: Must have knowledge and experience with HVAC equipment and appliances. Must hold appropriate licenses as required by law.
Capacity to perform work in a variety of work environments from a professional office environment to branch shop environment to customer construction sites is required. Must be able to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines.
In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and to move about the various work environments to train, monitor and ensure compliance with all company requirements, including safety.
Additional physical requirements include:
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly on a daily basis.
• Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
• Ability to work with a variety of hand tools in a proficient manner
• Ability to climb a ladder up to 25 feet
• Ability to drive/travel in truck for multiple hours on a daily basis
• Eyesight and Auditory Skills must be sufficient to meet safety expectations of the position.
• Ability to stand and perform manual labor for multiple hours on a daily basis.
Compensation & Benefits Information
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Life Insurance
- Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Program with Company Match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays & Sick Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
Williams Scotsman is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disability