Creates 3, 4,and 5 axis programs as well as produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintains quality and safety standards; keeps records and maintains equipment supplies by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop programs for CNC mills and lathes, maximizing quality and output
- Write programs for 3, 4, and 5 axis machining centers including complex surfaces
- Create user friendly programs for minimally skilled operators, with focus on ease of use.
- Provide tooling and fixturing recommendations as applicable.
- Maintains electronic files for all programs
- Continually works to improve and optimize programs
- Stays current with the latest technology and software upgrades
- Perform safe operation of machines
- Read and understand drawings, specifications, and documentation
- Take measurements and records them on the inspection sheets
- Updates Production Boards as required.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters.
- Interprets geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Communicates with Materials when a material issue arises.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zeros and reference points
- Sets tool registers, offsets, compensations, and conditional switches
- Calculates requirements including basic math and adjusting three and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers.
- Loads machine by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies setting by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces, adhering to standards
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations
- Detecting malfunctions
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications
- Maintains the cleanliness of their work station. This includes wiping down the machines, cleaning any oil spills and putting things back where they belong.
- Understand and comply with company policy safety guidelines, quality systems requirements and housekeep standards.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reports need for machine repair.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Process Improvement
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Equivalent to high school education or related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work near moving mechanical parts.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
ARCH Global Precision is an Equal Opportunity Employee and wholeheartedly supports diversity in the workplace as a basic premise for business success. All employees of ARCH Global Precision are employed on an at-will basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.