The electronics technician is responsible for trouble shooting, repairing and testing various electronic drives, controllers and pc boards.
- Repair electronic drives, controllers and pc boards.
- Troubleshoot and test electronic components to board level, using various methods and testing equipment
- Follow company procedures for requisitioning parts
- Repair and/or replace electronic components to board level, including but not limited to: diodes, transistors, resistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, other printed circuit components, etc.
- Verify repairs using start-up testing procedures
- Operate specialized equipment, including but not limited to: oscilloscopes, megohmmeters, high voltage insulation testers, ac/dc volt-ohm-milliammeters, clamp-on ammeters, various test panels, soldering equipment, infrared scanning equipment, various kinds of hand-held power and non-power tools etc.
- Document all test procedures and add them to Perfection’s library
- Complete all paperwork and service reports on repaired job
- Keep work area neat and clean as directed by supervisor
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education or experience: Associates degree in electronics preferred, but not required
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): N/A
- Ability to solder/desolder
- Thorough understanding of electronic circuitry
- Ability to recognize different electronic components as their functions
- Familiarity with and ability to utilize different types of test equipment such as function generators, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, and power supplies.
- Possesses strong communication skills
Special Information (travel required, physical requirements, additional info):
- Some traveling may be required for service calls
- 40-50 hours per week, occasional overtime may be required
- Industrial electronic experience is a plus