SUMMARY: A Caster Operator will operate a VRC/PRC, permanent mold, or other production equipment used to form aluminum castings and to process them as directed by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Ensures that production equipment is functioning within operating parameters correctly.
- Ensures that production equipment is producing or processing castings that meet the customer's quality requirements.
- Observes machines and equipment for malfunction and makes adjustments or repairs as directed to ensure that the equipment will operate at maximum efficiency, within operating parameters, safely and correctly.
- Identifies scrap and segregates it from product that meets customer specifications. Identifies all containers as to quality of product, status of product and part and/or job number.
- Accurately tracks and documents productivity information for the production cell, as directed.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Completes all production paperwork; ensures paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Relieves other employees for breaks, as needed.
- Recommends improvements for completing tasks and/or for casting improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These requirements are, however, subject to the discretion of the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read and understand work instructions.
- Must be able to write and complete required paperwork.
- Must have basic math skills - add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be team-oriented, able to problem-solve and troubleshoot.
- Excellent attendance and safety record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS include the following:
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Bending/Twisting 40%
- Standing 30%
- Walking 30%
- Ability to work in conditions which may include seasonal hot and humid conditions, dust, noise and other elements for extended periods of time.