BMT Aerospace has an immediate opening for a Designated Supplier Quality Representative (DSQR) at their Fraser, MI location in response to growth!
We are a well established growing company that must prepare our team and systems for the future. This is a perfect opportunity for a DSQR with manufacturing experience in a low volume precision machining environment.
This position acts on behalf of (Customer) and performs the final acceptance and release of product for customer use. Product release activities include a review of documentation, visual inspection, dimensional over-check, part marketing, serialization and release documentation requirements.
- Delegated Source Quality Representative for customer
- serving as lead point of contact regarding concerns, issues and questions
- Ensure customer purchase order requirements as well as all customer requirements have been met before authorizing shipment of products
- Ensure the FAIR (First Article Inspection Report) and SPS (Significant Process Substantiation) has been approved by the customer
- Reviews engineering drawings, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards
- Check dimensional characteristics using precision measurement equipment/devices and/or perform visual inspection (marking, appearance, condition) as defined by customer
- Verify PGT data and documentation is compliant and indicate deviations from existing standards
- Ensures proper documentation including fine print details for each shipment (router, product certifications, packing slip, etc.)
- Generate and maintain a DSQR Surveillance Log
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by following guidelines and procedures, and complying with all applicable regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Must speak, read, write, and have complete understanding of the English language
- Ability to discern colors with Vision Acuity of 20/20 (Correction allowed) and no visual impairments that would prevent effective visual inspection
- One-year product related experience required. 3-5 years of aviation experience preferred
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools, Specifically Word, Excel, Power Point
- Must possess appropriate mathematical and analytical skills to determine acceptability of product(s) based on established criteria
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
- Extensive knowledge of common inspection measuring equipment including micrometers, dial indictors, etc. Good manual dexterity and adept in use of precision measuring tools
- Knowledge of GD&T and various information concerning aerospace gears and aerospace assemblies
BMT Aerospace and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. BMT Aerospace provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact Human Resources request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans" We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, , orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.