Fisher Dynamics is seeking an experienced Band Saw Operator to support our busy quality department in Troy.
The Band Saw Operator is responsible for:
- Supporting the Cut & Etch function through daily collection & cutting of weld samples according to work instructions.
- Obtain Production parts from welding work-centers and in an organized manner complete the cut, polish and etch process.
- Set-up and operate vertical contour band saw according to specifications Blueprint reading Verifies conformance to specification using ruler, calipers, fixed gauges, templates, and micrometers Bag & tag all samples
- Notify Cut & Etch Technician upon discovery of questionable welds Continuous improvement activities
Education High School diploma or equivalent required. General welding knowledge preferred.
Experience One to Two years of experience cutting metal with a band saw.
- Ability to operate medium duty mechanical equipment. E.g. saws, grinders, sanders, polishers, and plasma cutting machine.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Computer skills sufficient to perform department related tasks are required
- Requires strong understanding of part drawings and knowing the elements/characteristics within the called out welding symbols.
- General knowledge of weld repair methods Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
- Perform sorts, audits or rework products
- Communication skills to communicate and interact with all levels of employees, customers and suppliers
- Ability to work effectively with people
- Safety glasses and hearing protection required.
- Other safety equipment required on an as needed basis.
- Working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of an office setting and manufacturing environment.
- Working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of a manufacturing environment.
- Job requires very frequent visual effort and concentration, and the ability to move throughout the plant. The ability to lift 40 pounds is required.
- The work requires regular standing, moving about, and involves a variety of physical activities. Travel to customer locations as needed.