Northwest Michigan Works! is seeking a dynamic and compassionate individual to fulfill the role of Life Coach. The selected candidate will help people whose employment has been impacted by the opioid crisis and are ready to rejoin the workforce. The Life Coach will help customers create goals that are achievable and have a positive impact on their success in the workforce. They will also provide feedback, mentoring, and accountability to maximize the customer's success. As a Life Coach you will work to assist customers as they work to overcome barriers to education and employment.
The Life Coach will also act as a peer navigator, empowering customers to make life-changing decisions by providing appropriate and specific evaluation, analysis, and problem-solving skills; and work to connect them with services they need to achieve their employment goals.
Successful candidates will receive training to earn their Associate Certified Life Coach credential.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Meet with customers one-on-one to develop customized training, education and employment goals.
- Provide comprehensive assessments and evaluation of results to help customers identify, enroll in, and complete suitable training programs.
- Identify and overcome customer barriers related to education and employment.
- Provide support to customers while they are enrolled in education and training activities.
- Help customers attain employment.
- Develop relationships with community partners, including post-secondary training providers and human services agencies.
- Plan and implement outreach activities designed to recruit customers.
- Prepare reports related to program activities and outcomes as requested.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Lead, coach and mentor customers in a positive manner.
- Develop effective partnerships and collaborative relationships with community partners, agencies, and training providers.
- Case management skills.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Working knowledge of community resources, preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and insurable to drive agency vehicles.
This is a full-time salaried position paying $41,200 per year. The employee is entitled to the Northwest Michigan Works! fringe benefits package that includes: Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance with employer paid premiums; life insurance; employer paid deferred compensation retirement package; paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid holidays.