This position will be responsible for the conversion of signal processing concepts, either theoretical or prototyped in Matlab, into algorithms implemented on embedded processors (e.g. Analog Device Griffin or Texas Instruments Jacinto). The position will be responsible for understanding physical DSP hardware concepts such as memory management and processor pipelines. The position will be responsible for DSP software development & validation including requirements analysis and supporting internal and external customers.
- Modeling of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms
- Design, document and implement embedded DSP software modules based on allocated requirements from the governing software architecture
- Perform design and code reviews
- Design and execute module (unit) tests
- Remove defects found and hand over tested DSP software modules for integration testing
- Adhere to the standard software development process (ASPICE compliant) and MISRA coding standards
- Enhance existing software modules based on newly allocated requirements, change requests and problem reports
- Master or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Very good knowledge of digital signal processing (DSP)
- Good knowledge of UML, Matlab/Simulink and object-oriented software languages like C/ C++
- Advanced knowledge of digital signal processing (preferably in the area of audio signal processing), including DSP programming (ADI, TI DSPs)
- 5+ years of embedded software development.
- 5+ years of C/C++ or other structured language.
- 5+ years of experience in the DSP and/or audio field.
- Experience with modern software development tools like JIRA, Perforce, SVN, DOORS, and ClearCase
- Experience in the automotive industry is an advantage, especially regarding communication protocols (e.g., MOST, A2B)
- Good written and verbal communication skills both in German and English
- Flexible in terms of tasks and responsibility
- Ability to build relations and work independently
- Self-motivated, passionate about audio and high sense of responsibility
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Willingness to travel 5%