IF YOU ARE:
- A seasoned administrative professional (possibly a former salesperson yourself?)
- An individual who thrives on activity.
- Fascinated by the art of the deal, but working on commission isn’t your bag.
- A person who likes at-the-moment challenges.
- A skilled negotiator.
A family-owned, rapidly-growing, local flooring company with a strong foothold in the metropolitan Detroit area. We have an immediate opening for a long-term, full-time Administrative Assistant for the Sales Department at our corporate offices in Troy, Michigan.
YOU are our ideal candidate, if you can identify with the above points; like and want an upbeat, fast-paced environment filled with recognition and opportunity; have a competitive edge and a proven history of producing results; and can maintain a positive, upbeat and winning attitude.
This is a great opportunity for someone who respects the sales process, is an administrative superstar, likes varied activity, and is a natural conversationalist. If you:
- Are earnest and dependable;
- Are flexible, and can work outside the “regular 9.00 to 5.00”;
- Understand the sales mentality;
- Can pitch in with projects;
- Possess administrative “know how”;
- Are fascinated with metrics, and understand that “numbers tell a story”;
- Can present yourself confidently on the phone;
- Have a client/”street ready” appearance, and
- A “solutions-oriented” outlook …
… you are the person we are looking for. Your JOB DUTIES will entail:
- Self- and peer motivation.
- Adept administrative support to the manager of the department.
- Skilled, in-kind support to our external salespeople.
- Assisting in the closure of flooring sales over the phone.
- Providing real-time metrics upon request, using Excel and other recordkeeping media.
- Establishing relationships with homeowners by following up, as needed.
- Providing prompt, accurate and friendly service to showroom customers.
- Responding to inquiries regarding scheduling availability, product availability, pricing, policies and billing.
- Monitoring the performance and productivity levels of the sales associates to ensure daily achievement of goals.
REQUIREMENTS for the Administrative Assistant/Sales are:
- Proficiency in the Google Office Suite and the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in working with multiple Excel spreadsheets.
- The ability to learn and master industry-specific software.
- Strong attendance, self-motivation, multi-tasking proficiency and time management skills (WE ARE BUSY!).
- Effective listening, verbal and written communications ability.
- Strong ethics, high integrity and a commitment to putting the homeowner first.
- A sense of email etiquette and the ability to service all job levels with a pleasant and friendly phone voice.
- An administrative/sales background within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Geographic knowledge of the metropolitan Detroit area.
Additionally, our candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid driver's license, with reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be able to pass a monitored, pre-employment drug screen.
- Be able to physically lift ten (10) pounds regularly and move items of various weights and sizes.
- Be available to work varied hours, Monday through Sunday, 9.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m.
- Previous direct-to-consumer and/or flooring company/retail showroom experience.
- Previous experience working with independent contractors.
- Some college coursework.
- Bilingual ability, particularly in Spanish or Arabic.
This position is full-time and offers medical, dental and optical benefits after 90 days of employment. Internal advancement opportunities will be available as the incumbent’s skills develop and the company continues its growth track. Starting wages are $13.00 to $16.00 per hour, commensurate with experience and skills sets.
No third-party recruiters or inquiries, please.