#745 RELEASE ENGINEER
* At this time USDI is not sponsoring applicants for work visas*
The Release Engineer will be responsible for developing and releasing body systems for passenger vehicles.
- Support the development of body system architecture and vehicle body layout to meet vehicle requirements (function, weight, cost)
- Create and track the body system Bill of Material (BOM)
- Lead development of the DFMEA for body systems
- Support the body supplier sourcing process by leading the development of applicable documentation
- Develop design verification plan and report (DVP&R) for body systems
- Support process from concept phase through vehicle launch
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years’ OEM experience, preferably in body system production engineering
- Experience with Body in White (BIW) underbody and upperbody, and closures systems
- Ability to travel to China (2-3 times a year)
- Experience with engineering tools (DFMEA, DVP&R, GD&T, DOE)
- Experience utilizing CAD Viewers to review 3D Models, generate simple sections, extract measurements, etc.
- Experience with BIW materials and processes: aluminum extrusions, aluminum/steel stampings, high pressure aluminum die casting, hot stamping, tailor welded blanks
- Experience with body joining methods: resistance spot welding, laser welding, MIG welding, self-piercing rivets, flow drill screws, friction stir welding, adhesives, sealers, etc.
- Experience with closures systems (Hardware, Glass, Seals, etc)
Be Unique! Join us at USDI – Unique Systems Design, Inc.
We provide fast-to-market technical solutions by finding win-win relationships between our candidates and our customers.
We have been in the business of consulting our candidates and our customers for over 31 years and we specialize in technical engineering challenges.
Let us put our vast experience with major OEM’s, suppliers, and candidates to work for you and help you with the next step in your career journey.
*We appreciate all of our applicants, but we are unable to sponsor at this time*