Northwest Michigan Works! is looking to add a dynamic and professional individual to join our team in the Traverse City and Kalkaska Michigan Works Centers. As a Career Facilitator for PATH program you will be asked to work with special populations and with our internal team to help job seekers with their goal of becoming employed or finding better employment.
This position requires someone to be creative, innovative, fun, tech savvy, and willing to learn on the job. We work in a fast paced environment that requires you to lean on and work well with your team. Positive attitude is a must.
Responsibilities, Essential Duties and Functions
- Willingness to work with diverse communities including youth, low income families and individuals with barriers.
- Collaborate with Department of Health and Human Services, including special cases and referrals.
- Maintain an active caseload at both Kalkaska and Traverse City Service Centers for PATH program.
- Ability to travel between Traverse City, Kalkaska and Bellaire.
- Actively participate in community events and connect with community leaders to assist in program recruitment and facilitation.
- Assess and evaluate customers’ work, education, and training background.
- Assess and evaluate customers’ work related skill sets as applicable to local in demand employment opportunities.
- Assist customers in overcoming obstacles to employment.
- Review customer information to determine if intensive services are needed.
- Provide access to career related on-line resources and workshops.
- Facilitate customer understanding of the current job market and employer expectations.
- Assists with customer resumé development.
- Work with the Michigan Works Business Services Team to facilitate career planning.
- Direct customers to community resources.
Now you know a bit of what we want you to do, but what do we want you to come to the table with?
Let's see those resumés and cover letters, let us know who you are and what you can do for us.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
The following, or equivalent, are required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships and collaborative relationships.
- High level of customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of social media/community resources.
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office products and other software.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and insurable to drive agency vehicles.
Salary is $38,000 per year
This full-time professional position is entitled to Northwest Michigan Works generous full fringe benefit package, including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement contribution
- Vacation and sick time