Do you think quickly on your feet? Do you consider yourself an “information guru”? An expert at connecting with others via media? Are you a gifted writer who is Internet-savvy? Do you understand how “numbers tell a story”?
A family-owned, rapidly-growing, local flooring company with a strong foothold in the metropolitan Detroit area. We have an immediate opening for an entry-level Digital Communications Associate at our corporate offices in Troy, Michigan, and are seeking …
YOU, if you:
- Have a passion for writing and marketing;
- Are looking for an upbeat, evolving workplace;
- Want to serve as our digital face and voice;
- Are patient, can research and problem-solve; and
- Can maintain a positive, upbeat and winning attitude.
Our Digital Communications Associate will have the key task of successfully promoting our products and services by communicating in meaningful ways with consumers to increase our brand awareness. This is the perfect opportunity for someone eager to apply their “Digital Age” skills into a real-time environment ripe with engagement. Best of all, you’ll be able to build this position and its’ functions from the ground up.
Our ideal candidate is:
- A collaborator who is earnest, dependable and passionate about technology. (We prefer someone who can work full-time but will consider the right part-time candidate.)
- A diplomat who is creative and adept at responding to online reviews positively and openly.
- A surfer who can hop from site-to-site and maintain a definitive social presence for us on the internet.
- A networker who can gain trust of (potential) customers and partners through engaged dialogue.
- A blogger who can put just the right feel and touch on our industry and deliver useful information with sincerity, humor and specifics.
- A writer who can control, monitor and leverage digital media.
- A marketer gifted with sharing word-of-mouth marketing techniques, such as referral incentive programs.
- A team player ready to jump in to assist Marketing Team coworkers with copy and content for a variety of print and online communications.
Our Digital Communicator will have:
- A demonstrated command of written/spoken English and vocabulary.
- Some college coursework under his/her belt, preferably in marketing, communications, public relations, business, or information technology.
- A client/”street ready” appearance.
- An analytical, problem-solving mentality.
- Proficiency and comfort with use of the internet and media presence on multiple platforms.
- Working knowledge of the Google and Microsoft Office Suites.
- Strong focus on project parameters, self-motivation, multi-tasking proficiency and time management/organization skills.
- Be an effective communicator and listener who is engaging, outgoing and approachable.
- Former work within a team environment.
- Previous flooring experience.
- Previous experience in monitoring website activity or working as a brand ambassador, promoter, influencer, or a similar role.
- Any foreign language fluency, particularly for the enclaves in metropolitan Detroit.