JOB TITLE: Success Coach
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
SALARY RANGE: $37,939 - $52,811
Excellent benefits package
The home base for this positon is flexible within Newaygo county or surrounding area.
The Success Coach provides complex information and referral services to employees of employers affiliated with the Business Resource Network (BRN). The Success Coach is responsible for assisting employees in referrals to community agencies, overcoming barriers and maintaining employment. Responsible for case files, ensuring file maintenance is complete in a timely and accurate manner. Responsible for tracking performance measures and submitting monthly reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist in recruiting Business Resource Network (BRN) Members to utilize the program by developing and distributing marketing materials.
- Work in collaboration with human resources, supervisors and management to identify BRN Member employees who will benefit from coaching.
- Serve BRN Members and their employees by promoting utilization of BRN services and resources while ensuring easy access to program related services.
- Provide BRN Member participants referrals with coaching (tools and services or referrals to services) that are intended to enhance job retention and advancements and to overcome barriers to employment.
- Meet with BRN Member referrals (employees) on-site at the employer’s location and according to an agreed upon schedule.
- Assess BRN Member participants practical (social service) needs by addressing his/her barriers and family situation, and their work readiness by addressing his/her work history, education, job-seeking skills, motivation and attitude toward work, interests, abilities, aptitudes, values, occupational skills and personality or temperament.
- Develop Individual Service Strategy (ISS) based on the participant’s needs after conducting needs assessment and interview.
- Identifies additional barriers to maintaining employment and assesses appropriateness of training/education.
- Provide intensive case management. Meet with participants to review needs and/or limitations concerning job retention.
- Provide supportive services needed to overcome barriers as identified on the completed ISS. Complete necessary steps to facilitate payment.
- Act as a liaison between the BRN Member Employer and BRN Member employee, as appropriate.
- Keeps current lists of emergency assistance and social services available to BRN member employees and provides information on how to obtain and apply for services.
- Establish and maintain appropriate links to internal and external employee resources.
- Create and update database and participant files by recording each contact made with BRN Member employee and maintain records required for follow up.
- Meet deadlines and reporting requirements as identified by West Central Administration.
- Responsible for completing and maintaining documentation in compliance with federal, state, and local policy.
- Be willing to work hours outside of the normal 8:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Attend relevant trainings, conferences, and statewide meetings as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor. These duties will be incorporated in a specific way into the Position Description, should they involve a lengthy commitment or extensive time.
Works closely with Michigan Works! West Central Business Services team and Administrative staff.
Works closely with Business Resource Network Members, Department of Health and Human Services, other human services related agencies, and local employers.