Michigan Works! West Central is hiring for a part-time data entry specialist for our Offender Success program. The person hired for this position will work approximately 20-30 hours per week.
Monitors, prints and compiles high volumes of paperwork from various email accounts to ensure the timely and accurate preparation for processing payments to vendors and subcontractors. This includes monitoring approximately fourteen Outlook mailboxes, printing the required documents, compilation of such documents and requesting any additional documentation as needed for the Offender Success Program. Includes entry of detailed data into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets on a daily basis.
- Compiles, sorts and verifies the accuracy of data before it is entered and forwarded to Accounting Department for payment.
- Facilitates the establishment of working relationships with Michigan Works! West Central staff, vendors, Resource Navigators and other Offender Success community partners.
- Provides complete and accurate information to Supervisor and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in-person.
- Maintains participant expenditure files for reporting, monitoring and auditing purposes.
- Maintains and enters required information for both financial and data tracking accurately and with attention to detail.
- Reconciles such items as bus tickets, gas cards, vouchered services, etc. to various accounts to ensure the process from purchase to distribution are properly tracked and accounted for each month.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Attends relevant meetings as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor. These duties will be incorporated in a specific way into the Job Description, should they involve a lengthy commitment or extensive time.
- Requires frequent interaction with vendors and contractors. Periodic interaction with auditors and state monitors may also be required.
- Promotes a positive public image of Michigan Works! West Central and of the Offender Success Program at all times.
It is critical that adequate communication between the Finance/IT Director, Accounting Specialists, Community Coordinator and Resource Navigators be maintained at all times to insure balanced, prompt and seamless services to our participants and vendors.
Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, including prioritizing a work load in order to meet deadline dates.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, other agencies, and the business community.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to express facts and ideas clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to objectively identify and correct problems relating to the position's area of responsibility, using good judgment as to when supervisor input should be sought.
- Must be flexible with regards to work schedule in order to meet fluctuations in project and reporting deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to perform tasks where attention to detail and accuracy are necessary.
- Must possess professional demeanor.
Desirable: 2 years of data entry experience or related office experience.
NOTE: Any equivalent combination of education, training or experience which provides the required knowledge and skills will be considered.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities and job duties to be performed.