Load, Unload staged materials on leased truck, drive truck to various locations as required. Internal material handling as required.
- Load / unload trailers in a safe manner, and observe pedestrian safety.
- Ensure that trailers are properly loaded to avoid damage to material & trailers.
- Record shortages and ensure damaged goods go to Quarantine area (inform Q.A. of procedures taken.).
- In the event that there is no truck to load or unload, assist warehouse and production material handlers, as required.
- Perform other duties as required by the Material Handling Supervisor.
Required Education & Experience
- Grade 12 Diploma.
- Overhead crane operation experience is required.
- Successfully complete certification on lift truck and propane.
- Driver’s license and good driving record
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Good working knowledge of MRP system.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) are an asset.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Safety and Housekeeping
1. Responsible to adhere to all Health and Safety programs in accordance with the OHSA.
2. Follow and ensure the Company's procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed throughout the plant.
3. Ensure that you work and operate equipment according to the safety rules and regulations.
4. Ensure that your Department is clean, tidy, organized and a safe workplace at all times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.