SECOND SHIFT OPPORTUNITY
Four (4) X Ten (10) hour shifts (Monday – Thursday) / 1:30pm – 12:00am
Must reside within 15 to 20 miles of target city and have a stellar driving record
THD Rental (Large Equipment Rental and Compact Power Equipment Services), based in Fort Mill, SC, is a team of approximately 800 talented associates based across the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Comprised of highly trained professional technicians, we provide comprehensive management of commercial equipment including installation, repair, preventative maintenance and parts management. Additionally, we offer large towable equipment rental and on-site equipment delivery.
Compact Power Equipment Services is comprised of over 300 talented and highly trained professional technicians to deliver comprehensive management of comm ercial equipment including installation, repair, preventative maintenance and parts management. We are dedicated to investing in advanced technology and the continued training of Support and Field Service Professional teams with the singular goal of optimizing the efficiency, safety and productive life span of our customers’ mechanical assets. We are an industry leader with a nationwide footprint in 15 regions across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
We live our Core Values: Excellent Customer Service, Creating Shareholder Value, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Taking Care of Our People, Respect for All People, Doing the Right Thing, Building Strong Relationships, Giving Back
The position of MAINTENANCE SERVICE PROFESSIONAL provides commercial and industrial minor equipment repair and preventive maintenance services. Representative equipment includes, but is not limited to, paint shaker devices, blind cutting ma chines, mobility carts, ladders, wood saws, wire and carpet carousels, shopping and lumber carts, pipe threader, carpet cutters and power stock loaders.
* Demonstrate the ability to complete light industrial equipment repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment found in big box retailers – The Home Depot / Best Buy.
* Respond to on-site preventative maintenance service calls within contract time frames.
* Use hand and power tools to assemble, disassemble and repair machines.
* Maintain spare part inventory provided by Compact Power Equipment.
* Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve minor equipment issues.
* Adhere to OSHA regulation and safety policies and procedures.
* Communicate effectively with customers, supervisor and coworkers.
* Use sound judgment when dealing with and eliminating safety related issues.
* Demonstrate the ability to manage time and work independently.
* Demonstrate the ability to follow dispatch schedule generated electronically daily.
* Demonstrate the ability to electronically submit asset tagging, service calls and daily reports.
* Strong attention to detail and a good work ethic preventing re-work and warranty trips.
* Employ safe work practices to limit risk exposure to customer, the public and self.
* Perform general preventive maintenance tasks (inspections / greasing / operation checks / etc.) and replacement of minor parts such as saw / cutting blades / bumpers / wheels / ladder / safety locks / etc.
* Maintain confidentiality of intellectual property.
* Demonstrate the ability to perform or learn light duty MIG welding
* High School diploma, GED or equivalent technical or trade school.
* Two (2) plus years of experience in machine repair and troubleshooting.
* Ability to perform light industrial equipment repair and have mechanical aptitude.
* Read and understand schematics and parts list.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Medium proficiency required in the use of electronic technology – Tablets / Smart Phone / Laptop.
* Basic electrical experience is a plus.
* Welding experience is a plus.
* Valid driver’s license for the state in which you live and work. Good driving record.
* Ability to travel overnight 30-50%+/- within the designated area
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. Emplo yee occasionally climb equipment and work at heights up to 20 feet. Employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 80 pounds. Employee is required to talk and hear. Driving for extended periods of time. Working conditions may include working indoors and outdoors in cold, hot and damp areas. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be done by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE / HOURS OF WORK:
The above description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. This is intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Hours of w ork may vary based on region. Shifts can include:
* Four (4) X Ten (10) hour shifts (Monday – Thursday) / 1:30pm – 12:00am
* Five (5) X Eight (8) hour shifts (Monday – Friday)
Assigned work hours will be determined by manager. This position is full-time and has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
We offer a full array of benefits that include health, well-being, and financial. Please visit LIVETHEORANGELIFE.COM for more details.
EEO / AA / M / F / VETS / DISABLED