Corrugator Supervisor - 057805
Corrugator Supervisor - Milan, MI
Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring a Corrugator Supervisor to lead the 2nd shift team in the Milan, Michigan corrugated box manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate will be a self-driven individual with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus. The candidate is a developer of talent who coaches and fosters a team that is focused on delivering results. The candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative and can execute problem solving and continuous improvement. They have a high sense of ownership over the fast paced manufacturing process, a desire to exceed customer expectations, and a will to win.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
This position will provide leadership on the operating floor striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality. Also responsible for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills; addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production.
* Exemplify and drive MBM® culture
* Achieve safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively identify and mitigate critical hazards.
* Responsible for making sure team is appropriately staffed.
* Communicate responsibilities and expectations to direct reports and hold them accountable for results.
* Create an environment where highly productive employees are motivated and retained.
* Manage production areas that drive improvement in all associated work processes affecting Environmental, Health & Safety, Compliance, Reliability, Quality, Production and Costs.
* Ensure best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers.
* Track continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.