This position is in a Penicillin Facility. The candidate cannot be allergic to Penicillin. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position maintains and repairs manufacturing, filling, packaging, inspection, and conveying systems and equipment as well as maintains and repairs facilities and Utilities equipment to ensure operation as specified and in compliance with cGMP requirements and the Occupational Health and Safety Act for a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility as part of a dedicated team bringing lifesaving penicillin treatments to our patients.
Responsible for priority assessment and decision making as it relates to troubleshooting, diagnostics, disassembly, assembly, repair, identifying and replacing parts and a proactive maintenance of systems and mechanical equipment in a cost-effective manner.
Equipment Preventive Maintenance Responsibilities:
- Performs Preventive and Predictive Maintenance of Production, Packaging and Utilities equipment and controls systems, following the established guidelines for the Computerized Maintenance Management System (EAMS), equipment operational procedures, site and Manufacturer recommended maintenance practices
- Reports opportunities captured during Preventive Maintenance execution
- Provides recommendations for Preventive Maintenance task improvements
- Follows the weekly maintenance plan and alerts when there might be a risk of not complying with the schedule
- Generates and completes Maintenance work orders to report and coordinate all activities.
Equipment Troubleshooting Responsibilities:
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains HVAC and other related equipment.
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains sanitary process piping, steam, air and other piping services.
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains Hydraulic system and vacuum system
- Perform vacuum and pressure testing for leak detection.
- Install, troubleshoot, maintain and repairs steam and hot boiler system up to 125 psig
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains Refrigeration systems and other related equipment.
- Utilizes various instrumentation and other equipment to detect and repair refrigerant leaks and prevent discharge of CFC’s to the atmosphere.
- Braze and welds refrigeration tubing and piping
- Installs, troubleshoots, maintain and repairs pneumatic and electric HVAC controls.
- Installs, troubleshoots, maintain and repairs compressors and motors on all HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Required to read and understand drawings / blueprints and P & id’s.
- Develop solutions to routine problems following established Pfizer policies and procedures.
- Utilizes tools, equipment, ladders, lifts, etc., in a safe manner per plant safety procedures. Maintains a clean and safe job-site at all times. Participates in safety training programs.
- Provides support for Capital projects which includes but not limited to the introduction of new equipment, new processes, changes in processes, equipment upgrades and improvements.
- Support validation activities of equipment, product or processes as required. This can include installation, EHS inspection, drawing verification, instrumentation verification, measurements and / or functional testing.
- Completes documentation required for maintenance work and line utilization logs.
- Use CMMS to document work orders
- Properly document in Log books
Training, SOP’s and GMP Responsibilities:
- Reads and follows SOPs, Job Aids, PMs, work orders and other required documents and procedures necessary to correctly install and maintain product manufacturing, filling equipment and packaging equipment.
- Must be able to complete sterile garb training and work aseptically in manufacturing areas.
- Provides customer training in the implementation of systems.
- Recommends changes to Maintenance tasks and/or SOP’s.
- Follows safety procedures, recommended practices, job safety, and complies with plant safety programs at all time.
- Report any abnormal situation that can impact the environment, health and or safety of the colleague.
- Communicates all work-related activities to production supervisors and Quality Assurance where applicable.
- Maintain an open and effective channel of communication with direct Supervisor, Operational areas and Functional areas. This includes but not limited to Process Engineers, Manufacturing Supervisors, Manufacturing Technicians, Manufacturing Operator, Maintenance and Automation Technicians, Reliability Engineers among others
General / Other Responsibilities:
- Assists other trades when necessary and or perform other duties as instructed
- Ability to learn how to operate Power trucks / Power lift and elevated platforms
- Housekeeping – Responsible for keeping assigned areas, as well as general areas clean and organized.
- Makes reasonable judgment in the use of spare parts for Maintenance works, returns non-use parts and reports any parts that can be repair
- Escorts Contractors
- Attends meetings as requested
- May perform any other engineering duty as requested
Required – High school diploma and / or general education through a trade school or an apprenticeship program or can demonstrate equivalent work experience.
Required – CFC Universal certification
Desired – College degree, computer skills, and documentation skills.
Desired – HVAC License
Required – Two-years of experience in the maintenance field
Desired – Maintenance experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing or food-processing environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, Write routine reports and correspondence