Manufacturing Engineering Cybersecurity and Networks is a new organization within Vehicle Systems. The primary responsibility for this organization will be defining and implementing Cybersecurity policies, practices and solutions for Manufacturing. Tightly coupled with this responsibility is maintaining and ongoing development of the Plant Floor Network Strategy for the Global Common Controls Architecture. The scope covers all Manufacturing including both Vehicle Systems as well as Global Propulsion Systems in all regions.
- Design, implement, and support global execution of Manufacturing Cybersecurity initiatives in GM Manufacturing facilities
- Apply framework for implementing and maintaining Cybersecurity at regional Manufacturing sites
- Support documentation of processes and procedures related to Manufacturing Cybersecurity Initiatives and Industrial Ethernet Controls Networks (IECN)
- Participate in meetings to provide requirements to minimize potential security risks in a manner that avoids negative impact to Manufacturing Operations
- Execute processes and methodologies for designing and implementing secure plant floor systems
- Conduct compatibility tests of new hardware and software, ensuring compliance with IT requirements
- Use and train others to use E-tools for configuration, troubleshooting and auditing IECN networks
- Support execution of regional legacy Manufacturing equipment communication networks (Ethernet IP, Profibus, ProfiNet, DeviceNet, etc.)
- Incorporate lessons learned and cost savings initiatives into the appropriate standards
- 2+ years of experience in Network security related position.
- Knowledge of vehicle manufacturing processes and operations.
- Knowledge of networks, risk management, security threats and techniques.
- Knowledge of PLC and HMI programming platforms.
- GM controls standards such as GCCH, GCCS, GCCB, PFCN / IECN and Plant Floor System applications knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of Ethernet IP
- Understanding of various field bus communication networks like Device Net, Profibus etc.
- Preferable Cisco certified in CCNA, CCNP, CCSP
- High level of interpersonal skill required to collaborate with project engineers and other organizations.
- Very high level of communication skills, both written and oral.
Engineering Bachelor Degree, Electrical or Computer Engineering (required),
Engineering Master Degree preferred