Change Parts, Inc. is seeking a Design Engineer to become a part of our team! As a Design Engineer, you will ensure timely and quality design of change parts for customer specific applications utilizing Solidworks software. The Design Engineer works out of our plant in Ludington, Michigan.
Responsibilities and Duties
(including, but not limited to).
- Utilize Solidworks to design cap handling parts (or other more complex parts) and prepare accurate and timely detailed drawings.
- Fully document and complete engineering release package
- Apply pre-defined design guidelines to the design on change parts
- Maintain and update design guides and inspection masters as appropriate
- Incorporate design changes in all appropriate paperwork
- Conduct self-reviews to ensure completeness of design
- Travel to a customer’s facility for trouble shooting as required
- Execute job responsibilities with minimal direction and supervision
Qualifications and Skills
- Engineering degree from a two-year or four-year college or university
- Minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solidworks experience and a strong mechanical aptitude.
- a competitive salary
- health insurance
- long-term and short-term disability
- life insurance
- educational assistance
- paid vacation
- personal days
Change Parts, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, orientation or any other legally protected status.