This position is for Magna Electronics, Auburn Hills, MI. Magna Electronics provides leading technologies from autonomous driving, to secure connectivity to vehicle electrification. With our competitive position and our culture of innovation, we are transforming mobility.
The Senior Manager leads the Safety and Security (SaS) Engineering team through various product development and production cycles delivering safe and secure solutions into manufacturing and to our customers. The Senior Manager has responsibility for both people management (development, coaching) and project leadership for those projects in his/her domain.
- As appropriate, acts as primary customer and internal interface for all escalated FuSa and CySe technical issues.
- Tracks and reports on SaS engineering targets (deliverable quality, customer and/or internal delivery timing, performance, project and department engineering budget, etc.) for all assigned responsibilities.
- Ensures that programs are properly resourced (both quality and quantity) for success, whether through assignment of direct resources, or leverage of external resources as required.
- Provides team leadership, management support, including coaching and active engagement with direct and extended team.
- Provides technical leadership in directing the efforts of SaS engineering team in the development and release of all relevant SaS engineering deliverables in compliance with the product development process and/or customer expectations.
- Ensures timing plans, defect list, risk assessments, lessons learned are created and maintained and provides engineering status for project reviews (e.g. gate, design, milestones, etc.) according to program timing for all assigned projects.
- Represents the SaS organization by supporting relevant reviews (escalation, gates, safety, security, etc.)
- Approve GPEP tailored deliverable matrix and all phase checklists where FuSa and CySe are concerned.
- Responsible for ensuring SaS engineering accurate and complete quote responses are submitted (effort, material, capital, tooling, etc.) for new programs and customer changes after award of business.
- Directly manage Team Leads, functional safety and cyber security managers in the implementation of project objectives and overall SaS activities
- Responsibilities include, interviewing, hiring, training, reward and disciplinary and performance appraisals of SaS employees.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts for relevant safety and security processes and tools.
- Ensures compliance to Company procedures (e.g. Processes and Work Instructions) and applicable standards (e.g. ISO/TS 16949, ISO/IEC TR 15504, ISO 26262, etc.)
- Responsibility and ownership of all SaS development activities for safety and security relevant products.
- Responsibility and ownership of all development activities for all deliverables within SaS organization.
- Responsible for resource planning and alignment to ensure that all safety and security relevant projects are properly staffed with the right quality and quantity of resource to meet the deliverables in an effective and efficient way.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor's degree in engineering is required. Master's degree preferred.
Additional training and education:
- Management/Leadership training is required.
- Functional Safety Certification is required.
- Cyber Security certification is required.
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics - Auburn Hills
City: Auburn Hills
Job Type: Regular