- Read diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Install stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Perform other duties as required from time to time by your Manager/Supervisor.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- College or Industry courses in industrial machinery repair or mill-righting.
- 3-5 years of work experience in the trade in an industrial setting.
EQUIPMENT AND/OR PRODUCT:
- Various equipment including grinders, mills, lathes, MIG/TIG/ARC welders, robots, stamping.
- Manufacturing Environment
- Ability to react appropriately in stressful situations while working in “Just in Time” environment.
SAFETY AND HOUSEKEEPING:
- Responsible to adhere to all Health and Safety programs in accordance with the OHSA.
- Follow and ensure the Company’s procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed throughout the plant.
- Ensure that you work and operate equipment according to the safety rules and regulations.
- Ensure that your Department is clean, tidy, organized and a safe workplace at all times