Operates press or other machinery to manufacture the highest quality automotive products (acoustical and other automotive products if required) as assigned to meet or exceed customer requirements. Perform all functions as team player contributing to the success of the whole.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job
- Required to begin production as scheduled (start of shift).
- Ensures all manufacturing equipment is safe to operate and all guards and stop buttons are functioning prior to beginning production.
- Ability to operate a forklift in a safe manner
- May complete other check lists or operator production sheets prior to and at end of production.
- Manufactures product ensuring that all finished goods meet customer requirements in quality, quantity and proper packaging and labeling.
- May complete production reports hourly as required.
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area and throughout the plant.
- Adheres to HPPS and Lean Manufacturing directives and instructions
- Required to adhere to plant safety and environmental (ISO 14001) requirements as established by company policy.
- Adheres to applicable TS16949 requirements.
- Accepts assignments and other responsibilities as required in support of team objectives.
- Ability to understand and comprehend operational work instructions.
- Ability to work necessary overtime, which may include weekend work.
- Good attendance and dependability record from previous employers.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds as needed.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.