Participate in activities concerned with design, construction, modification and maintenance of equipment and machinery in manufacturing so that throughput, inventory and operating expense objectives are achieved. Inspects and repairs machinery and equipment based on operating parameters, according to engineering principles and safety regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Make necessary corrections and run adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Tests newly installed or refurbished machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment to specification and safety.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment that is not scheduled for manufacturing to reduce downtime.
- Notifies supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions and of corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
- Positive communications among other shift and departments to ensure consistent information.
- Adherence to plant safety requirements as established by company policy.
- Accepts assignments and other responsibilities as required in support of team objectives.
- Required to adhere to applicableTS16949 requirements.
- Required to adhere to applicable ISO 14001 requirements.
- Required to adhere to all Environmental Health and Safety Regulations.
- Must be able to read and comprehend work instructions.
- Will be required to work necessary overtime and off-shifts - 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Other tasks as required by supervisor.