System Engineering Project Manager
Chassis and Safety
Vision Zero is the Continental approach to save lives zero fatalities, zero injuries, and eventually zero accidents.
Until we can develop systems that can avoid car accidents altogether, we need systems that prepare and protect us and our loved ones in the event of a vehicle incident. The system that accomplishes this, today and in the future, is the passive safety system. You don't need to do anything, just buckle your seat belt and let the passive safety system do the rest.
In Passive Safety and Sensorics, we are combining stateoftheart sensing technology with the sensors of the future to make vehicle travel as safe as possible. At the heart of this system is the safety control unit, and all the software that brings it to life.
Responsible to lead, plan, monitor and control all System Engineering (SE) work packages and deliverables according to our process, within agreed SE discipline budget and time schedule.
Responsible to report to the SE Management and the Project Manager and represents the System Engineering team to all internal and external interfaces.
Manage, lead and drive the engineering core team to achieve the project goals.
- Will manage & solve technical issues jointly within the engineering core team.
- Responsible to prepare decision options for management to be escalated by Project Manager (PM).
- Ensure a robust product.
- Support all system engineering activities during quotation (Requirements Engineering, initial System Architecture).
- Lead technical assessments of change requests.
- Responsible for release of product for internal milestones/customer prototype deliveries.
- Will interface between the customer and internal design team to ensure clarification of technical implementation concepts.
- Works with a crossfunctional team to ensure interface expectations are met.
- Solves technical challenges and gives technical direction to the team.
Auto req ID:
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7+ years professional experience in Automotive Electronic Products or Systems.
- Must possess proficiency in creating and maintaining project work schedules, effort estimation, work package prioritization and project status.
- Must possess excellent communication and team skills and be able to lead and coordinate a team in a distributed global environment.
- Must possess proficiency in requirements analysis.
- Must possess excellent engineering problem solving skills.
- Must be able to travel internationally as needed.
- Fluent in English.
- ISO26262 Functional Safety experience.
- Automotive Cyber security experience.
- System/Product Architecture experience.
- Software engineering background.
- Technical interface to customer experience.
- Working on an international team.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
Division Footer Text:
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Auburn Hills, MI