The Process Technician is responsible for the start-up, shut down, and troubleshooting of the molding process during normal production runs. In addition, setting up injection molding machines and all related auxiliary equipment to allow the manufacture of product that meets or exceeds the established quality levels at the standard rates that have been established.
- Assist with new mold samples, and assist in the creation of full documentation on all processing parameters.
- Meets with the Shift Supervisor and other Process Technicians to discuss any and all issues relating to the shop floor.
- Assists the Shift Supervisor to ensure the part quality is understood, standard production rates are maintained, and to ensure that only product that meets or exceeds quality criteria is packaged.
- Assist die setters and material handlers as assigned to insure that the set-ups being performed are done properly, in a safe manner, as well as a timely manner.
- Perform die setter responsibilities and support production activities to include mold and mechanical maintenance as directed.
- Follow all departmental operational procedures relating to the set-up, operation, and shut down of jobs.
- Perform special duties and or projects as assigned. Operate the machine as needed
- Document any and all process changes per internal procedures.
- Document repairs as need on work orders requests for maintenance and tooling repairs as needed.
- Able to act as an interim supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or an equivalent.
Experience:RJG molding philosophies, preferred
- Master Molder training and mold cavity pressure sensors, preferred
- 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong attention to detail. Problem analysis and problem resolution ability. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must rarely lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision (must be able to see and distinguish colors), peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear and is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability collect and analyze data, and prepare concise reports summarizing the findings of work. Must have the ability to prepare and deliver oral and visual presentations. Ability to effectively communicate to employees at all levels of the organization. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.