Operate induction melting and electric resistance melting units to melt and pour molten metal into ceramic molds in the manufacture of investment castings.
- Charge ferrous and non-ferrous raw metals into the furnaces and monitor melting of metal to temperatures of 1000 to 3000 degrees Fahrenheit
- Calculate and make alloy additions to achieve specified chemical analysis
- Perform degassing/deoxidizing/slagging procedures to "clean" metal prior to pouring
- Maintain furnaces and crucibles including daily patches, repairs and replacement
- Maintain traceability and record pouring temperatures using PLEX software
- Prepare the pouring ladles for daily use
- Pour metal into ladles
- Assist with cleaning/maintaining furnace ladles
- Examine molds to insure they are clean, smooth and properly coated
- Load ceramic molds into furnaces prior to casting operation
- Pour metal into molds and collect samples of alloys for testing
- Signal others to coordinate work activities
- Wear personal protective equipment including gloves, leggings, hard hat, face shield, aluminized coat, safety glasses and metatarsal guarded steel toed boots
- Move products, materials or equipment between work areas
- Operate fork lifts or other loaders
- Ability to work in a hot environment; understand and follow written and or verbal instructions
- Regularly lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds; follow all safety policies and procedures and work in a team environment
- Basic computer knowledge (i.e. data entry) and fluency in basic math
- High school diploma/GED or demonstrated equivalent experience preferred
Competitive wages, exceptional health benefits, 10 paid holidays, vacation, 401(k) plan and much more. This is a great working environment offering stability and professional growth.
Founded in 1983, Barron Industries is a full-service manufacturer of high-precision investment castings, rapid prototypes, machined components and complete assemblies. Barron offers complete turnkey manufacturing of components for Aerospace, Defense, Automotive, Oil and Gas, Tool and Die, Nuclear, Medical, and other industrial markets. Capabilities include ferrous and non-ferrous investment castings, CAD Engineering, CNC machining, NDT, plating, painting, assembly, laser etching and shipping from our 65,000 square foot facility in Oxford, Michigan.