Primary Purpose of Position: This position is responsible for driving Company vehicles over established routes to deliver products to patients in the home in a timely and professional manner; collects money from customers when applicable; and processes related paperwork.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Must have good communications skills and be able to lift objects and equipment not to exceed 100 lbs. Must have a valid Michigan driver's license with no more than 4 points; must possess a chauffeur's license, possess knowledge of tri-county area roads, and successfully pass DOT exam upon hire.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives truck to deliver medical supplies/equipment to customer's home or place of business.
- Collects money from customers, makes change, and records transactions on customer receipts.
- Processes and distributes all paperwork including admission packets, DME orientations, patient instructions, and rental contracts.
- Informs regular customers of new products or services.
- Listens to and resolves complaints while in the customer's home.
- Sets up merchandise, disassembles, or moves objects in customer's home.
- Collects or picks up rejected or not needed merchandise. Must be familiar with return equipment identification system.
- Loads truck.
- Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickups or delivery.
- Cleans inside of truck. Performs routine maintenance on truck and reports problems.
- Obeys all State of Michigan and Binson's driving rules/regulations.
- Performs home assessments and DME orientations of all equipment delivered.
- Follows all safety procedures when lifting equipment and picking up contaminated or infected equipment and follows ground adapter safety procedures when setting up equipment.
- Familiar with store security procedures, the emergency preparedness plan, quality assurance procedures, and commission programs for department.
- Valid DOT card.
- Trained in hazardous materials.
- Familiar with inventory control and requisitions, including order tracking and logging in rental equipment.
- Performs inter-Company transfer of merchandise when necessary, per Company procedures.
- Records lot numbers/oxygen cylinders.
- All other tasks, as assigned.