Operates a 5-axis Robot Welder in addition to most production machines according to Specifications and Machine Operating Instructions. Fill out Hour-by-Hour Charts with shift results and problem identification information. This position reports to the Weld Leader.
- Setup fixtures and welder according to the Part Control Plan.
- Lifts and loads parts per instructions. Pushes buttons to start and activate machine.
- Observes machine operations, supplies, and position of work pieces to detect malfunctions, or misaligned parts.
- For safety, Operators must know how to stop machine with Emergency Stop Buttons and
- Main Power then report malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Inspects joined components for defects.
- Unloads parts from welder and places into a specified container.
- Requisitions welding wire and related supplies through the Purchasing Department.
- Periodically checks parts for non-conformance.
- Effectively stocks parts at work station as needed.
- Cleans machine, work area, during and after production.
- Follows Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains clean and safe working conditions throughout the plant.
- Participates in continuous improvement MTPS activities.
- Actively uses checking fixtures in the proper manner.
- Participates in overall machine effectiveness efforts and waste reduction.
- Works in the most efficient manner to meet and exceed all established corporate goals.
- Assists in analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum of two (2) years related experience.