EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Train Second pressman and apprentices and work as part of a team with said individuals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. High level of measuring ability.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- A drive to succeed with a self-starter approach and a can-do attitude.
Our work environment & the physical demands of this position:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Packaging Personified, Inc. is a manufacturer of food grade packaging. All employees are responsible for following a Safe Quality Food practices and policies.
Packaging Personified is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.