The Carpet Guys, L.L.C. is a rapidly-growing, family-owned business opened in 2010 aiming to be a dominant force in the southeastern Michigan area. Due to our explosive growth, we are seeking an individual to work as our Warehouse Manager at our corporate warehouse in Troy, Michigan. This is a full-time position, and we are seeking a dependable individual who enjoys physical labor, a client/”street ready” appearance, and a customer service/problem-solving mentality.
Our ideal candidate will be able to meet inventory goals and act as a liaison to other departments. This individual will be able to offer recommendations to streamline our processes and assist with product management and distribution.
Our Warehouse Manager will meet the following criteria:
- Three to five years inventory control experience, preferably in a warehousing environment. (We currently have approximately $1.5M in inventory, which is subject to fluctuation based on ebb and flow in sales.)
- Be familiar with the retail sale of supplies and retail goods.
- Supervisory responsibility or management of teams of five persons or more.
- Some university coursework.
- Sense of ownership in the process.
- A valid driver's license, with reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be able to pass a monitored, pre-employment drug screen.
- Be able to physically lift fifty (50) pounds regularly and move items of various weights and sizes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. (We are BUSY!)
- A good work ethic with flexibility in scheduling. Our warehouse is staffed from 6.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. Candidates should be available to work anytime within that period, including Saturdays.
- Three (3) personal references that can attest to a track record of dependability, punctuality and diligence.
- Previous flooring company experience.
- Previous experience with RFMS and/or other computerized inventory systems.
- HiLo experience/certification.
- Computer experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to train and mentor others.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Arabic is extremely helpful.