Metro Health is seeking Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT) to work Days - 36 hrs/wk
Responsible to perform various technological duties that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply aspects of prescribed ionizing radiation for radiographic diagnostic cardiovascular procedures and collection of patient data under the direction and supervision of the RN. Required to be available for on-call procedures as assigned.
- Graduate of a diploma, associate, or baccalaureate academic program with a focus in cardiovascular technology, ultrasound, radiologic technology, respiratory therapy, exercise physiology, nursing or closely related field.
- Current registry with the American Association of Radiology Technology or Surgical Technology preferred.
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) certification preferred.
- BLS certified.
- ACLS certified or obtain within 90 days after department orientation ends with department tracking.
- Previous experience in radiology or cardiovascular services preferred.
- Knowledge of ECG and Hemodynamic monitor changes.
- Ability to start I.V’s preferred
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Measures, recognizes changes and documents accurate vital signs and hemodynamic information as well as performs cardiac monitoring. Reviews findings with R.N and physicians.
- Adept in practices of sterile technique and prevents cross contamination.
- Manages femoral, brachial, and radial procedure sites for hemostasis.
- Assists with patient care activities including positioning, transporting and basic care needs. Provides for patient comfort in all areas.
- Selects proper radiographic technical factors on an individual patient basis and monitors utilization of proper radiation protection for all staff in accordance with prescribed safety standards set forth by the Michigan Department of Health and OSHA rulings.
- Maintain knowledge of and operates all procedural equipment in the cath lab as needed or directed. Reports equipment issues to management in a timely manner.
- Document appropriately and accurately for all aspects of care and charging.
- Interacts as team member with management, Cardiologists and RN staff to assure quality and customer service is provided at highest levels possible.
- Performs other related duties as required in the cardiovascular department with regular and predictable attendance.
FTE status: 0.9