POSITION: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
Full-time, Non-exempt position
LOCATION: 16429 Beartown Road -- Tribal Center Baraga, Michigan 49946
SUPERVISORY CONTROL: Information Technology Director
SALARY: Grade 6 (minimum starting wage=$13.40/hour)
Assists the Information Technology department in providing hardware, software and network support, training and troubleshooting in a networked environment. Provides support on a wide range of software applications such as office application suites, accounting, HR, and other various desktop applications.
- AA/AS degree in a computer related field7 AND one (1) year of full time work experience performing the duties and responsibilities outlined in this position
- Equivalent combination of education credits/semesters and relevant work experience equaling three (3) years.
- Requires technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and network support for users in a Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory env
- Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, mobile devices, networking and accessory eq
- Must be familiar with information technology security strategies and tec
- Requires experience with personal computer
- Must have advanced personal computer word processing, spreadsheet, database, and Windows skill
- Requires sufficient analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations and develop solutions.
- Prefer a working understanding of the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community and individual department operations, goals and objectives relating to Computer & Communications Services.
- Must know how to assemble and disassemble personal computer components, including cab
- Comptia, Microsoft MCP or other industry certification is
- Must be able to install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain software applications and peripheral equipment.
- Must have strong communication and training skills and be able to communicate technical information to non-technical u
- Must maintain strict co
- Must have valid Michigan driver's license, reliable vehicle and vehicle insurance, a good driving record, and be insurable to drive fleet
- Must be able to attend trainings and travel as
- Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory result of a Security Background Check, pre-employment drug testing, and pre employment physica
- Must be able to obtain and continue to hold a Keweenaw Bay Indian Community Gaming License.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference will be given to qualified individuals of American Indian descent.
VETERAN PREFERENCE: Preference will also be given to Veterans who do not have bad conduct or dishonorable discharges (need DD214).