NORTH AMERICAN PIPE CORPORATION INVITES YOU TO FURTHER YOUR CAREER AND PARTICIPATE IN THE CUTTING EDGE OF PVC PIPE AND FITTINGS PRODUCTS. WE ARE LOOKING FOR ENTHUSIASTIC PEOPLE TO JOIN OUR TEAM AND CONTINUE OUR LEADERSHIP IN THE PVC INDUSTRY.
Responsible for all aspects of quality and adherence to quality standards set by North American Pipe. This position represents the company at job sites for quality concerns and is responsible for all Quality Assurance testing for compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops and implements a plant quality production program to ensure conformity of all material and final products to quality standards as established within the NAPCO Quality Management System.
* Responsible for initial training of all new operators in quality requirements including critical characteristics, measurement tools and aesthetic attributes.
* Maintains current reference documentation for use by operators; including current product drawings and packaging instructions.
* Prepares for and represents the Company during all related audits.
* Coordinates and approves all sample submission of new products and engineering changes.
* Reviews quality trends, tracks the root cause of problems, and coordinates correction procedures.
* Provides technical and quality support to Supervisors and the Plant Manager.
* Responsible for analysis on all products returned from the field.
* Monitors inspection and testing of finished products.
* Initiates and/or recommends procedures for establishing new or revised quality standards, inspection methods and process controls.
* Ensures all quality documentation is correct and retained for the specified amount of time.
* Issues, calibrates, and maintains all quality tools to include shift tools.
* Plans and coordinates the duties and responsibilities of all quality assurance personnel.
* Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
QUALIFICATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
* Two year technical degree preferred. Prior experience in quality control required.
* Prefer a minimum of 5 years practical experience in PVC injection molding.
* Statistical analysis, precision measurement and process capability studies are an intricate part of the quality assurance program; therefore, formal education in courses related to these areas such as mathematics, statistics and industrial practices are essential for this position.
Responsible for training, direction, performance evaluations and other supervisory functions of personnel in the QA department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
North American Pipe Corporation, a Westlake Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.
IF YOU ARE AN ACTIVE WESTLAKE CHEMICAL EMPLOYEE (OR AN EMPLOYEE OF ANY WESTLAKE CHEMICAL AFFILIATES), PLEASE DO NOT APPLY HERE. PLEASE GO TO YOUR WORKDAY HOMEPAGE AND CLICK ON THE "CAREERS" WORKLET AND VIEW "WESTLAKE CAREER Opportunities".
Employer's Job# R10815
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.