30 Bed SENIOR Assisted Living Community is accepting applications for Direct Care Workers for All Shifts. Part time (Up to 40 hrs/week is available). Scheduling flexibility is required to accommodate weekend/holiday shifts. Rate quoted is for experienced candidates. 5 days paid vacation is offered after 24 month.
Starting pay is $12/hr with experience and $11/hr with no experience.
- Assist residents with all ADL's (Activities of Daily Living) such as bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting.
- Supervise and participate in resident "daily" activities (exercises, crafts, games, etc)
- Perform general daily light housekeeping for resident rooms including residents' laundry
- Legibly complete all required daily record keeping
- Ensure residents' rights/privileges are maintained as per Licensing requirements
- Must be 18 years of age
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Negative TB Skin Test (within the last 2 years)
- Current (within the last 30 days) Physical Exam is required to ensure you are able to perform the physical components of this job (lifting and transferring residents)
- Enjoys working with the Senior Population, including those with Dementia
- Be able to work in a demanding, fast paced environment and be able to calmly respond to emergency situations
- Must be a 'Team Player' who positively accepts direction and who works co-operatively with all team members