Contribute. Grow. Lead with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of HR Coordinator with our Calcium Chloride plant located in Ludington, Michigan.
Essential Job Duties:
* Provide administrative support for the HR Manager, Plant Manager, and Site Managers.
* Maintain positive relationships with all plant personnel. Confidentiality is a must.
* Provide attention to detail and dedication to work in order to ensure reliability of the work site as well as maintain a high quality product.
RESPONSIBLE FOR HUMAN RESOURCES & PAYROLL EFFORTS
* Co-administrator of Taleo recruiting system for the Ludington Site, including development of requisitions, tracking status of open jobs and candidate status. Work with TAG and Hiring teams during the selection process.
* Assist in employment process including scheduling, testing, interviewing, and on-boarding.
* Create and maintain confidential HR personnel files for active, retired, and terminated employees.
* Generates and/or maintains records regarding personnel changes including hiring, pay changes, promotions, transfers, retirements, and terminations through PeopleSoft.
* Maintains and tracks disposition of discipline records.
* Maintains metric reporting including but not limited to headcount, attendance, and overtime.
* Maintain and track changes for Ludington headcount and maintain site org charts.
* Maintains, tracks, and submits absence, vacation, overtime, and other weekly and monthly reports for site leadership.
* Able to navigate in PeopleSoft and create, revise, and run queries to generate required.
* Responsible for managing employee STD, FMLA, ADA, and LTD. Assist and notify the Medical Department with employees who report sick.
* Focal Point for the Service Award program.
* Assist employees and approvers with payroll process, and monitor for accuracy.
* Coordinate with payroll to resolve pay issues that may arise with hourly and salaried employees.
* Coordinate with payroll and medical as needed when worker s compensation issues arise.
* Facilitate the Rewards & Recognition Team which is responsible for coordinating employee activities and site recognition program.
* Serve as needed for community outreach (Relay for Life, etc.)
* Coordinate Charitable and Community Contributions budgeting and administration of funds and associated reports.
* Coordinate United Way Campaign and manage pledge forms and donation spreadsheet.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR SITE
* Responsible for the organization and security permissions for file share.
* Provide communications using plant TV system, outdoor billboard, and e-mail.
* Maintain area postings to be in compliance with OCC and governmental requirements.
* Responsible for publishing The Ludington Brine Line , site newsletter.
* Maintain global e-mail distribution lists and site contact lists.
* Maintain the Functional Location, HR, Payroll, Employee Activities, and the R&R web pages. Assist in maintaining other site web pages.
* Provide Access expertise for the Ludington databases
* Review and approve phone invoices and perform cost account splits.
* Maintain Xerox printer lease renewals, analyze usage, and determine need to add or remove printers.
* Perform the Notary Public services for the site.
* Create and submit check requests as needed for the site.
* Member of the site Admin Team.
* Backup support to the HESS Assistant.
Employer's Job# 00019691
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.