Martin Technologies a full service global engineering, manufacturing and motorsports company is expanding to support customer programs. Martin is a creative conduit to many major automotive, aerospace, and defense companies. Our great assets align with providing our employees to be creative and innovative providing solutions to customers. We have a rich history in motorsports, engineering and manufacturing. Martin builds performance engines ranging from 400 to 4,000 hp.
We are excited to announce continued expansion of our Motorsports, Engineering & Testing Services and are seeking to hire an Engine Builder to join our team in our New Hudson campus.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to participate in building engines for our Motorsports division. This individual will work within a team environment to support building new engines, machining, creating blueprints and assembly for high performance engines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in the motorsports. (engine build and mechanical experience
- Engine machining skills (boring, honing, decking.)
- Operate typical shop equipment, hand tools, etc.
- Create/Maintain documentation
- Knowledge and understanding of engine concepts, parts, their assembly, fit, form and function
- Ability to use hand tools, gauges, torque wrenches, presses, micrometers, rod / block hone; manual mill and lathe experience a plus
- Ability to disassemble engines post-race or dyno running
- Ability to clean all components at disassembly
- Familiarity with documentation and build book preparation
- Ability to prep all new and used components for usability
- Basic knowledge of specifications and tolerances
- Sub-assembly on engine components
- Capability to recognize questionable components for technician approval
- Final assembly prior to test cell installation / shipping / crating installation
- High Performance Engine: 10 years
- Engine Assembly: 10 years
- Manufacturing: 10 years