- Produce machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (NC) machine. Maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. A strong work ethic and attention to detail are essential.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plans machining by studying work orders, materials and specifications and machining parameters.
- Settings tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Set-up Mills and lathes by installing and adjusting tools, as well as load part in.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Keep area neat and clean.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Experience operating 3 axis or 5 axis machines, or both.
- Basic Shop Math
- Ability to set up machine
- Documents actions by completing production logs
Temperature controlled environment. Employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 20 lbs. and frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.