Porter Corp, SIPS division is a company that produces structurally insulated panels for residential and commercial structures. Due to increased volumes and energy codes, we have immediate openings on 2nd shift for Machine Operators and CNC Machinists. Daily functions include sets up, adjusts and checks out programming and operates CNC machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to close and exacting tolerances and finish specifications requiring considerable skill. This is a multi-task position and is an entry level CNC/Machine Operating position.
- Ability to communicate with fellow team members
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Have high quality standards
- Be able to problem solve in tough situations
- Working with wood for construction industry
- Able to obtain a Hi-lo license
- Work with 3 axis CNC router
- Work with 5 axis CNC machine
- Work with 4-foot glue spreader-Roll Coater
- Basic construction skills
- Blue print reading
- Wood working/Carpentry experience
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and experience with CNC equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to stand and walk for 8-10 hours per day
- Machining techniques
- Excellent attendance
- High School diploma
- 2+ years’ experience or equivalent
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Holiday's, 401 (k), STD and LTD, Life Insurance, Uniforms, Employee Assistance Program and additional optional insurance coverage as well as a shift premium.
Porter Corp., a PlayCore company, considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.