*25 hours/week Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.*
Candidate will be based at Michigan Works! location in Dearborn, but must be able to work as needed to other local Metro area service centers in Southgate, Highland Park, Livonia, and Wayne. Must have your own transportation.
Candidates fluent in reading, writing and speaking Arabic/English are encouraged to apply.
*Benefits include paid time off, holidays, and employee contribution to 401k plan*
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
Minimal qualifications required for this position include:
- Excellent professional administrative skills desired
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working with customers or clients, preferably in a placement, educational, human service or career development capacity.
- Education in a related field preferred, but not required.
- Ability to articulate thoughts clearly, both written and verbally, with proper grammar, punctuation and to apply language rules.
- Ability to present program information to job seekers, community agencies, and employers.
- Ability to apply techniques used in resume and cover letter writing and effectively guide customers in the process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professional, friendly relationships with all visitors to the Michigan Works Service Centers including job seekers, partner staff, employers, program administrators and monitors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and various Internet and job search applications.