We are an Aerospace Stamping and Assembly Plant located in Chesterfield, MI and we are seeking a Fabricator/Machine Operator.
- Set up and operate conventional machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines and grinders to cut, bore, grind or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
- Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear
- Utilize precision measuring instruments to insure that parts produced meet quality standards
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauge blocks and micrometers
- Perform secondary operations on machine made parts
- File, grind, shim and adjust different parts to bench parts
- Assist in troubleshooting tooling and/or machine production issues
Qualifications and Skills:
- Require practical skill and knowledge to analyze specifications, set up and operate machine tools to fit and assemble parts
- Require the knowledge to interpret blueprints to ensure parts meet desired specifications
- Individual must have an advanced understanding of fabrication and tooling principals, along with relevant hands-on experience
Wages commensurate with experience. We also offer a benefits package, paid holidays and potential for a bi-annual bonus!