Are you looking for a unique job that will develop your professional skills? Sales, Construction, Networking, Project Management and Estimating are just a few of the many skills that you will get to develop and utilize in this exciting opportunity!
American Fence & Supply Co., Inc. has an immediate, full-time opening for a Junior Estimator to join its team. We are one of Michigan’s leading specialty contractors, who manufacture and install fencing, guardrails, railings, gates, electric gate operators, and access control systems regionally and nationally. This entry level position is a great opportunity for a professional individual to work for an employee-friendly company with an established reputation as a proven leader in their industry.
Your dedication and commitment to the quality of your work, your keen attention to detail, willingness to learn the industry, focusing on meeting and exceeding deadlines will make you a successful member of our team
YOUR ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Take on new jobs/opportunities
- Identify the scope of work for each new job by communicating with the customer and reviewing the job specifications and plans.
- Create a cost estimate for each new project by obtaining quotes from vendors and identifying and estimating labor costs using standard labor metrics.
- Work with management to establish gross profit margins
- Draft and submit professional proposals to the client in a timely manner and follow up with the client to close the sale and obtain a contract.
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills.
- High school diploma
- Must be able to read and understand construction plans/blue prints.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong time management skills.
- Construction Management experience is a plus.
- Must be prompt, organized, detail oriented and team driven.
- Must be exceptionally proficient in computer skills, including in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and email
This opening is a full time, hourly position. The candidate will be expected to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Pay will be based on experience. This position is an opportunity for rapid growth. American Fence & Supply Co., Inc. also offers paid vacation and personal days, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan and many more desirable benefits.
Prerequisites for this position include the ability to read and understand construction plans/blue prints, knowledgeable in MS Office Suite.
Candidates with Construction Management education is considered a plus.