This role's primary responsibility will be in the electrical nature but will also include a variety of maintenance related activities including routine maintenance, preventative maintenance, machinery building, mechanical installation, and project work. They will also be involved in the disassembly, repair, and reassembly of transfer presses and automation equipment.
- Troubleshooting all problems of mechanical, electrical, and electronics, drives, servo motors, and PLCs.
- Install new machinery, equipment moves, wiring primary or line side power (480/240/120) following the NEC code.
- Build and repair machine control panels.
- Perform mechanical maintenance when required.
- Incorporate new technologies into existing machine capacities, including, but not limited to, PLC and sensor applications and installations.
- Perform emergency machine electrical repairs.
- Order machinery parts or components from outside sources.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in maintaining a database of all machine parts by press size.
- Cross training and serving as a backup for Maintenance Technicians.
- PMs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a mechanically related role.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics.
- Proficient PC skills, email, ERP systems.
- Familiarity with lube systems.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Must have own tools.
- Minimum two years of experience with basic PLC troubleshooting.
- Minimum two years of experience in a maintenance position.
- Possess knowledge of servo drive controls and motors.
- Familiarity with the NEC Code
- Experience purchasing machine parts.
- Education in electronics maintenance tech.
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- Understands and speaks English fluently.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Regarded as creative, a self-starter and adaptable.
- Strong inventive and analytical skills.